The basis of Personal Development is affirmations. Affirmations are positive declarations used to control reactions to life’s situations. Basic affirmations have a deeper permanent meaning and can direct the course of your life.
To use basic affirmations in releasing the power of the conscious and subconscious mind, we need to:
- Create our own basic affirmations beginning with “I am,” “I can,” “I will,” or “I am able to.”
- Embed the affirmations in the subconscious by repeating them at least three times a day.
- When repeating an affirmation, seek total relaxation. Then place the affirmation in your mind, and hold it there for at least 30 seconds.
Samples Of Basic Affirmations
- Every day in every way I am becoming better and better.
- I act differently because I am different. I am growing each day.
- I am free of any consciousness of personal limitation, lack, doubt, or inferiority.
- Creation and change are continuous in the universe. I am a part of this magnificent flow, becoming a more complete person each day.
- I am entering a new level of understanding and consciousness of a richer, more meaningful life.
- I am vitalized by new ambitions, dreams, and excitement for living.
- I am growing day-by-day by a natural and beautiful process of mental involvement that will enable me to experience my life from a wonderfully expanded perception and consciousness.
- I am filled with vitality, energy, and physical stamina.
- The perfect life power that flows through every living being is now animating and vitalizing every cell and function of my physical being.
- My body is constantly being renewed by the center of my consciousness from which flows harmony, peace, calmness, and absolute confidence.
- I am strong, vigorous, and whole. Through me flows the breath of perfect life vitalizing, renewing, and maintaining my body. Any imperfection is immediately eliminated or healed.
- I think, speak, and act nothing but perfect health.
- I possess endless reserves of health, energy, and endurance which I manage positively to make my life an exciting experience.
- I am a unique, confident, interesting human being receiving an increasing flow of life’s abundance. I completely and absolutely accept myself, knowing that any negative conditions in my life are the shadows of thoughts that are now eliminated.
- I hold only good, positive thoughts in my mind about myself, knowing that they will be expressed in my life.
- I am in complete control of my actions and thoughts, doing nothing that will needlessly drain off my physical resources, emotional strength, and energy.
- My perception of my life is heightened, broadened, deepened. Wholeness, beauty, joy, accomplishment, fulfillment, and self-confidence now fill my mind.
- I look at myself with interest, humor, and lightness, realizing that my self-concerns vanish with laughter about them and sharing them with others.
- Today I am specific in considering the perfect thing I choose to demonstrate. I have definite results in mind.
- My outward experience is evidence of my inner convictions.
- I have the power to choose that which enters my consciousness.
- I have special abilities and greatness locked deep within me which will be released as my self-awareness expands. I shall begin to experience success at levels I never perceived or understood before.
- I know that my personality is a reflection of my attitudes. My attitudes are positive; therefore, my personality is positive. People will react to me positively.
- I am ________ (PUT the characteristic you feel is most important for you to acquire -confident, cheerful, enthusiastic, poised, sincere, considerate, attentive, etc.).
- I laugh. My daughter gives me joy and is a balm to my existence. It prevents dullness, worry, and tension, giving me inner strength and balanced life.
Relationships With Others
- I am conscious only of the good in others.
- I love, like, and enjoy time with _______ (name of spouse, member of the family, etc.)
- I am flexible and tolerant in all my relationships with others.
- I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (This quotation is over 100 years old.)
- I experience joy from my present friendships and pleasure in making new ones.
- I give to others the same love, respect, and helpfulness that I desire for myself.
- I am filled with love, friendship, understanding, and forgiveness. I hold no resentment, hate, judgment, or self-pity.
- I am in complete harmony with all and within, for I know I can forgive because I can ask forgiveness.
- I find all people interesting.
- Because I now accept myself positively and unconditionally, I know that others will accept me in the same manner.
- I love, believe in, trust, and respect my children so wholeheartedly that I convey this confidence in all my relationships with them.
- I am patient, skillful, and understanding in dealing with all members of my family.
Removal Of Negative Attitudes
- I let go of all limiting thoughts of anxiety and doubt.
- I am free of all ____________ (Add word that fits – malice, hate, jealousy resentment, grudges, confusion, Frustration, tension, conflict, inferiority, etc.). I replace it with__________.
- I give up every harmful thought, false belief, and negative emotion that has found its way into my body and mind.