Positive thinking isn’t about expecting the best to happen every time, but accepting that whatever happens is the best for that moment. Positive thinking generates positive feelings and attracts positive life experiences. Have you ever heard this saying, “He who controls his mind, controls his life”. We cannot control what others do or what happens around us, but we can control our own minds. And when we control our mind, we will be in control of our thoughts, our emotions, our beliefs, our attitude, our actions, the word we say, and the images that run around our heads.
Positive thinking often starts with self-talk. Self-talk is the endless stream of unspoken thoughts that run through our heads. These automatic thoughts can be positive or negative. Some of our self-talk comes from logic and reason. Other self-talk may arise from misconceptions that we create due to a lack of data.
If the thoughts that run through our heads are mostly negative, our outlook on life is more likely pessimistic. If our thoughts are mostly positive, we’re likely an optimist, someone who practices positive thinking.
Now that we understand how powerful our mind could be in relation to the pattern of our thoughts and our outlook on life, why not train our minds to embrace the power of positive thinking and a good result.
The topic of positive thinking has been studied by many people. Here are some of their thoughts.
- The law of expectations says: “Everything you expect with full will come true.” In other words, we do not necessarily get what we want, but get what we expect. If people develop the habit of positive expectations, they will be amazed at the influence it will have on them and the people around them.
- The law of gravity says: “You are a living magnet; you usually attract people, ideas and circumstances that harmonize together with your main ideas“. One of the most important habits in this regard is a habit to fill the consciousness of a positive picture of your life and the world.
- The law of correspondence says: “Your outer world is an accurate reflection of your inner world.” It means that people get what they think most of the time.
- The law of attraction says: “I attract to my life whatever I give my attention, energy and focus to, whether positive or negative” this means that whatever comes into our life, we are attracting it into our life by the power of our mind, both positive and negative experiences. It’s attracted to us by the images we’re holding in our mind because pictures or images are thoughts!
Positive thinking doesn’t mean that we keep our heads within the sand and ignore life’s less pleasant situations. Positive thinking just means we approach unpleasantness in a very more positive and productive way. We think the best is going to happen, not the worst.
It is simple to learn how to change negative thinking into positive thinking. But it needs time and practice, as we are creating a new habit after all. Positive thinking is like exercising a muscle. Only it gives us a mental workout. The more we use it, the better we will become at it.
What are the advantages of Positive Thinking?
Positive thinking helps even in difficult situations try to envisage something positive. It helps to focus on problem decisions. Also, it helps to understand mistakes and especially to learn from them. I think positive thinking opens a way to think more broadly. It increases enthusiasm. Positivity can help increase success, also it determines personal achievements.
When you feel positive, you see more opportunities. Positivity increases optimism and enthusiasm. These factors affect the quality of life in all areas of your life. Now, let’s talk about the ways that will help you feel positive.
6 Simple ways on how to stay positive:
- More often focus on successful things. Learn to express joy when you have successfully reached your goals. Do you frequently think about what you have done successfully? Do you appreciate it? Or you regarded it as usual? One of the bad habits is to criticize yourself for failures and do not appreciate what you have done successfully.
- Remember, that gratefulness also can help you to feel positive. Begin to write a gratitude journal and write about the things that you are grateful for. You will see how this increases positivity.
- Develop positive attitudes.
- Emphasize the positive features that help you achieve successful results and appreciate them.
- Don`t Miss out! It is important to develop self-confidence, it affects positive thinking. More about self-confidence.
- Be surrounded by positive people. They will help you to feel positive.
Positive thinking influences your behavior and determines your achievements. Positive people strive for their dreams with enthusiasm and optimism. Such people even in bad situations try to envisage something positive. Positivity helps to improve your life.