Our body is the servant of our minds. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be intentionally chosen or automatically expressed. At the bidding of unlawful thoughts, the body sinks rapidly into disease and decay; at the command of glad and beautiful thoughts, it becomes clothed with youthfulness and beauty.
Disease and health, like circumstances, are rooted in thought. Sickly thoughts will express themselves through a sickly body. Thoughts of fear have been known to kill a person as speedily as a bullet, and they are continually killing thousands of people just as surely though less rapidly. The people who live in fear of disease are the people who get it. Anxiety quickly demoralizes the whole body, and lays it open to the entrance of disease; while impure thoughts, even if not physically indulged, will soon shatter the nervous system.
Our emotions are not separate entities from us they are an active part of our body-mind & soul. Whenever you suffer from emotional and mental stresses, your physical health is also affected. Your spirits are raised only if you are mentally and emotionally fit. Researchers reveal that if stresses are never balanced then you can suffer from many physical distresses which are linked to your state of mind. When people are depressed, anxious, stressed or grief-stricken then their lives are in danger. Mental and emotional stresses affect your personal relationships and work abilities.
Mental And Emotional Health
Mental and emotional health problems can be due to traumas and serious losses in the early phases of life. Social conditions in which a person lives are the most important characteristic of good mental and emotional health. Feelings of disgust are usually developed due to negative thoughts and even sometimes because of the side effects of medications. There are various genetic and bio-medical causes of which are responsible for emotional stresses.
A person with good mental and emotional health must have the following characteristics
- A healthy person always posses a sense of contentment and well-being. One must have the ability to enjoy life and have fun. An emotionally healthy person always has a zest of living, to laugh and enjoy along with others.
- You should keep up the spirits high and must be capable to deal with the stresses of life. The ability to fight back even in adverse conditions is a must.
- With the help of positive relationships and meaningful activities, an emotionally healthy person participates in experiences of life to complete extent. The feeling of self-realization is a must in person.
- Presence of good mental health means the ability to grow, change and experiences different aspects as one faces different circumstances in life. You must make your self flexible in order to deal with the ordeals of life.
- Another important characteristic of good emotional health is the ability to strike balance in different aspects of life. You must be social as well as remain in solitude with your loved ones. One must have the ability to work and play simultaneously. Similarly catering all your daily physical and emotional needs of exercising rest and sleep.
- There should be an intellectual development of your health, spirit, body, mind, and soul. A sense of well-roundedness and creativity is a must.
- The person who is emotionally and mentally healthy always shows concerns for others. He or she has the ability to take care of his own and other closed ones. A person must have good self-esteem and self-confidence in order to remain physically and mentally active.
ALSO READ:: TIPS TO OVERCOME NEGATIVE THOUGHTS
Strong, pure, and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace. The body is a delicate instrument, which responds readily to the thoughts by which it is impressed, and habits of thought will produce their own effects, good or bad, upon the body.
“Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. ” Dalai Lama
So if you want to protect your body, guard your mind. If you want to renew your body, beautify your mind. Thoughts of anger, envy, disappointment, and despondency rob the body of its health and grace. A sour face does not come by chance; it is made by sour thoughts.
There is no physician like cheerful thought for dissipating the ills of the body; there is no comforter to compare with goodwill for dispersing the shadows of grief and sorrow. To live continually in thoughts of ill-will, cynicism, suspicion, and envy, is to be confined in a self-made prison-hole. But to think well of all, to be cheerful with all, to patiently learn to find the good in all such unselfish thoughts are the very portals of heaven and to dwell day by day in thoughts of peace toward every creature will bring abounding peace to their possessor.
ALSO READ:: POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS